[GRASS5] Re: [bug #3246] (grass) d.vect.thematic fails when the map is in another mapset

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Thu May 19 13:39:31 EDT 2005

From: "Michael Barton" <michael.barton at asu.edu>

> 1. This math interval difference only happens for the first interval
> (min-value) for invterval mapping.

Actually it also happens for the last interval too - max in the legend and
the actual max are never the same. Is it also by design?

> This is to make sure that ALL values are
> included and each value is included only once. If I specify [>lower value
> and <= higher value] for each interval, I miss the minimum value of the
> total range. If I specify [>=lower value and <=higher value] for each
> range,
> some values get counted twice. So the actual range of values mapped is
> correct, but the lower value shown in the legend is slightly below the
> actual minimum. The "11.5948" instead of "11.60" is some kind of internal
> rounding error that I have no idea how to correct.
>
> 2. I use the notation >lower value - higher value because of several
> requests by users to do so. This makes it clearer that the interval is
> greater (i.e., not inclusive of) the minimum and less than or equal to
> (i.e., inclusive of) the maximum.
>
> Michael

Understood. But anyway if I use the d.vect.thematic -l output for
publication it may look supsicious for the eventual reader.  I'm not
complaining here - I rerally apprecaite your effort and just trying to be
helpfull. This legend looks suspicious and if somebody could fix it would
great.

And what about the bug remaining (as in the title)? Any chances it will be
fixed?

Maciek