[GRASS5] Re: [bug #3246] (grass) d.vect.thematic fails when the map is in another mapset

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun May 22 12:49:57 EDT 2005

Daniel,

I tried out your code changes to d.vect.thematic.

There were a few odd display glitches, but overall it worked well.

I've gone ahead and rewritten the graduated points routine along the lines
of your graduated colors routine. It revealed a problem I  didn't notice
previously with the graduated points, so I fixed it. I made a couple of
other improvements to the points legend.

I also added a flag option for math notation brackets, so everyone should be
happy (or at least happier).

Could you try it out and see what you think? If you want to test the
graduated point routine, just use areas and select centroids as the vector
type.

Lorenzo Moretti suggested an option to write out the thematic mapping as a
group file for the GIS Manager. This is intriguing and I might try to add
this in the next update if there is some interest.

Michael