[GRASS5] viewing map attribute table

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu May 26 04:34:20 EDT 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 23:54, Moritz Lennert said:
> On Wed, May 25, 2005 18:14, Michael Barton said:
>
>> Then
>> with the browse, it is possible to do all standard table management
>
> Well, for me v.db.updatecol is still incomplete as it only allows to update a
> column with an absolute value and not an expression. This is desperately
> needed if you want to create intensity data (e.g. you have population and
> surface columns and want to create a density column).

Thinking about this a little more: it should be possible to select the
contents of two columns into two arrays, do the calculation in the shell
script and then update a third column with the resulting values. However, I am
not sure if all shells support arrays ?

In any case a more complete sql update command would be more efficient, I think.

Moritz