[GRASS5] Updated d.vect.thematic

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Fri May 27 15:04:46 EDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 11:40:17AM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> I think someone (Jachym I think) has redone d.legend to display vector data
> as well as raster data. This will hopefully address this. Once it is all
> working, it might be possible to redo d.vect.thematic to use the new
> d.legend rather than creating one using d.graph as I do now.
>
> Michael

I did it. With the last patches, I posted, d.legend is able to work with with
vector data to. See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/7692/match=legend for details.

It would be good however, if someone could tell me, how to make d.legend to
draw icons. I copyed part of the code form d.vect, but nothing is showen. The
actual source can be found on

    http://les-ejk.cz/programs/grass/d.legend.tgz

Icons are drawed in icon.c (which could be later G_symbol(); - some time).

Any comments are welcomed

BUT, d.legend searches for new categories from the database in given column.
The legend will not look like d.vect.thematic legend looks like (e.g.):

    0.1 - 0.2
    0.2 - 0.3

but
    0.1
    0.2
    0.3

The intervales would have to be saved in database too..

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz