[GRASS5] Re: sqlite browser

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Nov 11 20:41:14 EST 2005

I just tried this and it's very nice. If we switch to sqlite for the default
attribute database for GRASS, I'd strongly recommend finding a way to
include this as at least an optional add-on for GRASS. This would solve the
need for an attribute management interface.

For compiling, it requires QT, which I agree we don't want to require right
now (though we might later, of course). But I don't think it needs QT for
the binary versions. If any maintainer wants to, they could include it with
a binary distribution. I'd be happy to add it to the database menu if we
started using it on a regular basis.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402