[GRASS5] GRASS for Windows

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 04:32:11 EST 2005

On 11/12/05, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Radim Blazek wrote:
>
> > There is no user interface and not all modules compile/run,
> > the work is in progress. Vector modules from CVS do not compile
> > but with few changes I was able to compile and run also vectors but
> > without attributes (missing fork()).
>
> This would be a good point to make a concerted effort to decide upon a
> common interface for spawning child processes.

For dbmi drivers I have done that already last Thursday using _spawnl.
Do you se any problems with?

> I have done some work on this, in lib/gis/spawn.c, but it is currently
> untested, non-portable, and nothing uses it.
>
> It would be useful if someone with access to a Windows development
> environment could attempt to implement G_spawn[_ex] on Windows and let
> me know which bits are problematic (signal handling?).
>
> Let me know if you need any information about what those functions are
> supposed to do.

I have seen G_spawn but because it is not implemented for windows I just
started looking for something else.

_spawnl is described here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt__spawnl.2c_._wspawnl.asp
Would it be difficult to implement G_spawn using _spawnl?

Radim