[GRASS5] Suggestions for gui discussion

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Nov 15 08:23:18 EST 2005

On 11/15/2005 08:11 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Second, for any comments that involve comparisons with the current GRASS GUI
> (I like this, but...; I really don¹t like this...; I like how x is done
> better in [name your GIS/interface]), it would be helpful if you could
> specify which GRASS version you¹re working with. Even better, it would be
> helpful if you are using the current 6.1 cvs version. The reason is that the
> GUI (even the TclTk GUI) has evolved considerably since version 6.0 and is a
> completely different experience from 5.4. This will also help in making
> improvements to the current UI (which must still serve for awhile) while
> we¹re developing a new one.

You asked for it. So here comes. (; Georeferencing UI is EXTREMELY bad.
When I run I.points I also have to open qgis with another map of the
same location to get the real co-ordinates. it would be nice to be able
to force GRASS to open 2 windows. One with the map to be rectified and
another of the correct location (as an option, since one might not know
the co-ordinates) (as was my case). Then one should be able to pick a
point in one window and then either enter the co-ordinates or click in
the other window for the corresponding window. Oh and BTW the CPU spikes
up to 100% and my laptop fan starts to go on overdrive everytime I run
i.points... Is there a busy loop somewhere in the code?

--Wolf