[GRASS5] v.extrude -- first version

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Wed Nov 23 14:19:37 EST 2005

thanks, nice to hear, that something works :-)

there is at least one small problem: when the "building" is concave,
e.g.

    +-----+     +-----+
    |     |     |     |
    |     |     |     |
    |     +-----+     |
    |                 |
    |                 |
    +-----------------+

The "roof" is going to be somehow wrong. Walls are made correctly. In
the program, roof is made just so, that the "z" coord. (objheight) is
added for each point:

for (k = 0; k < Points->n_points; k++) {
                Vect_append_point(NewPoints,
                Points->x[k],
                Points->y[k],
                Points->z[k]+objheight);
            }

did some one the same experience?

screenshot on http://les-ejk.cz/tmp/vextrude.png

right side: d.vect building3d (made with v.extrude in=building
            out=building3d height=10)

left side: nviz of the same vector

jachym