[GRASS5] Parallel GRASS modules for high performance

Muzaffer Ayvaz muzafferayvaz at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 12:33:43 EST 2005

Hi;

  Some modules in GRASS, especially surface generation modules, takes long times according to the our data and our parameters.I am trying to write parallel versions of theese modules via MPI library, to be able to run  GRASS in high performance parallel machines..

  I have looked mailing list archives, and there is a people who is trying to do also same thing. But this mail was in 1993. I couldnt reach this person.

  Now, I want to hear about your experiences. Does anybody try samething? or Does anybody can give me knowledge about the compilation of GRASS with this library (MPI), -mpcc must be used to compile-? Or do you have large data sets for surface generation.

  Or which modules takes longs time in additon to the surface generation modules,
   I mean minutes, hours or more.

  Thank you for all

  Your respectfully

  Muzaffer Ayvaz