[GRASS5] krass/krassovsky

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Nov 28 15:49:35 EST 2005

well, not long ago GRASS was not dependent on PROJ.4
and  there are many users who have years of grass databases that were
created before PROJ.4 and before there were standards for documentation
about projections. So while I agree that it would be great if PROJ_INFO
followed
PROJ.4 I would also like to have a program that would automatically
convert
my old PROJ_INFO to the new standardized form.
So the changes you are suggesting below may require a little bit more
work and may create quite a bit of hassle for old users (who may not
even use cs2cs
or gdalwrap, so they may not care about its syntax), but they sure
would be nice
if somebody can commit time to do it,

Helena