[GRASS5] [bug #3704] (grass) d.rast.arrow does not save a line in the monitor history

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Oct 7 17:39:38 EDT 2005

This is great. Thanks much. Following up on the rest of the thread (not
reproduced here), this is moving toward a very useful new visualization
tool, especially if arrow magnitude (width or length, but maybe width is
better because of length limits imposed by grid sizes) can be read from
another map.

Currently, the arrows fill grid cells, set by the region resolution.
However, to be useful in a wider variety of uses (e.g., wind directions,
cost surface/travel visualization, animal movements/migration modeling, flow
intensities across channels, etc.) it would be useful to be able to drape a
map of arrows at a coarse resolution over a relief map (or nviz topography)
at a much higher resolution. I can't think of any way to do this, but maybe
someone out there can.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402