[GRASS5] GRASS + Oracle

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Tue Oct 11 05:32:19 EDT 2005

Hello Radim,

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:28:32 +0200 Radim Blazek
<radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is feature, once g.copy was making copy reading and
> writing lines, now it just copy files/tables.

Thanks for commenting on this. Since I would like to work with several
read-only v.external ogr-files/dbs which occasionally need some
digitizing inside the geometry. Therefor I thought just copying the
dataset into the native GRASS-FOrmat and edit then with
QGIS-GRASS-Digitize-tool.

I would like to see a switch inside g.copy which forces copying writing
lines in the native format. Would that be a possibility to extent the
current behavoiur with the former behaviour?

This would be usefull for copying ogr-datasets without using v.in.ogr
inside GRASS.

Thanks for commenting on this.

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508