[GRASS5] NVIZ bug fixes

peter.loewe at gmx.de peter.loewe at gmx.de
Wed Oct 12 01:49:54 EDT 2005

Hello list, hello Bob:

Thanks for doing such a great job making NVIZ better !

>I have applied a couple of bug fixes to nviz and the ogsf library. The
>bug fixes address the problems reported in bugs #3646 and #3686 which
>deal with the movement between the new flythrough mode and the old "eye"
>/ "center" mode.

This works nicely.

>With respect to bug #3686 the user can now set the "from" position
>without the scene swinging around. As an an added help, the user can
>click the stop button in the middle of an animation and the "eye" widget
>(if open) will set the position puck to the animation position. This
>should be helpful for fine tuning key frames. This has been added to
>both the animation and the key frame animation panels.

This is really good to have.

>Please test and see if this fixes the reported bugs.

I noticed some odd behaviour regarding labels in (keyframe) animations: When
the rendering is done off-screen, the labels are not included. Also,
offscreen-rendering is not really usable: Rendering starts like its supposed
to, but after switching away and back to the Desktop where GRASS/NVIZ is
running, NVIZ proceeds with on-screen rendering. Worse, the generated PPMs
become partial screenshots of the currently active Desktop (windows, shells,
games, whatever).

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Löwe