[GRASS5] Add-on initialization on GRASS startup

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Oct 19 15:54:45 EDT 2005

You should contact Benjamin Ducke
<http://www.uni-kiel.de/ufg/ufg_BerDucke.htm> about doing this as a GRASS
addon extension.

Michael
______________________________
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671

From: "Sorokine, Alexandre" <sorokina at ornl.gov>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:07:40 -0400
To: <grass5 at grass.itc.it>
Conversation: Add-on initialization on GRASS startup
Subject: [GRASS5] Add-on initialization on GRASS startup

If I am creating an add-on for GRASS and the add-on needs some kind of
initialization (i.e., to set some environment variables) is there a standard
way to do this on GRASS startup?  I mean is there a facility in GRASS
similar to /etc/profile.d/ for UNIX shells where you can put initialization
scripts and they will run automatically on shell startup?

--
Alex Sorokine, Ph.D. <sorokina at ornl.gov>
Oak Ridge National Lab