[GRASS5] [bug #3709] (grass) d.m - commands output pollutes the Grass terminal

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Oct 20 16:19:10 EDT 2005

Michael wrote:
> These are two COMPLETELY UNRELATED issues

These are two very related issues IMO. Grass terminal is still polluted, and
the pollution is coming from the d.m commands.

I absolutely agree that you did a large most of the work needed to stop CLI
being polluted by the d.m, you did all you can and you did it very good. I
hope you don't have the impression I neglect your effort. That's not my
intention. I like your d.m enhacement and kudo to your (continous) effort.

I see however the point is you can't do much more about the remaining issue.
Thus, if you don't mind, I change the owner back to Mr. Nobody and we have to
wait for some volunteer to continue your work. Let me know if mind it, off RT
please to keep the thread possibly clean. I have just added garbage enough ;).

The other reason I reopened this report instead of creating a new one is that
I was told by Hamish on grassdevel list not to do so if not necesssary, so we
could trace all the bug's history easily. I also believe we don't have to
change the report's title as it stil reflects the issue's nature.

Maciek