[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:8729] Re: r.reclass not working in GUI

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 22 23:42:43 EDT 2005

> g.mremove is never run in a terminal; if you are using it from the
> GUI, you will have to enable the "force removal" option, as there's no
> way to respond to the prompt.

Any thoughts on how to get G_yes() to spawn a Yes|No GUI much like
G_percent() figures to do a Tcl thing instead of a stderr thing if it
detects it is being run from a GUI environment? Same goes for G_ask_*(),
but I'm not sure how much those are used anymore.

This would help cut down on the number of xterm kludges that d.m now
needs for various modules. Or more probably cut down on the number of
bugs like g.mremove from GUI now has.

Hamish