[GRASS5] v.report

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Oct 24 11:26:06 EDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 06:14:29PM +0300, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Would it be a total waste of time to bring v.report back? I really would
> like it's functionality.. I did see that v.info should have that
> functionality, but I was unable to see such a report in it... So now I'm
> considering to brin the code from v.report, GRASS 4 to GRASS 6. Or would
> this be a waste of time?

It is already there (as script in 6.1):

GRASS 6.1.cvs (latlong):~ > v.report help

 Reports geometry statistics for vectors

Usage:
 v.report map=name [layer=value] option=name [units=name]

Parameters:
     map   Input vector map
   layer   Layer number
           default: 1
  option   Value to calculate
   units   mi(les),f(eet),me(ters),k(ilometers),a(cres),h(ectares)

Does this help?

Markus