[GRASS5] libjpeg dep

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Oct 25 15:14:31 EDT 2005

Hamish wrote:

> I notice ./configure still checks for libjpeg, but there is no r.in.jpeg
> or r.out.jpeg and grep shows that nothing uses $(JPEGDEP) et al. Is it
> unused and can be ripped out or is it still needed for e.g. a compression
> scheme in r.out.tiff?

It's a potential dependency for TIFF:

LOC_CHECK_LIBS(tiff,TIFFOpen,TIFF,$TIFF_LIBRARY_DIRS,TIFFLIB,,,,$JPEGLIBPATH $JPEGLIB,$ZLIB,$MATHLIB)

Also, I've been considering writing r.in.jpeg for a while. It might be
useful to be able to import JPEGs with significantly less interference
than occurs when using GDAL (in particular, creating raw, unscaled YUV
layers).