[GRASS5] GRASS 6 capabilities?

John Gillette JGillette at rfmd.com
Sat Oct 29 18:10:37 EDT 2005

I can't reproduce this using Grass5.3 CVS 07/31/2004.  I used the
following 2 diamond shaped polygons:
--------------------------
ORGANIZATION:
DIGIT DATE:   Thu Aug 12 08:37:13
DIGIT NAME:
MAP NAME:     guilf_level
MAP DATE:
MAP SCALE:    2400
OTHER INFO:
ZONE:         0
WEST EDGE:    1748000.000
EAST EDGE:    1752000.000
SOUTH EDGE:   810000.000
NORTH EDGE:   812000.000
MAP THRESH:   0
VERTI:
A  5
 811000   1750000
 812000   1751000
 811000   1752000
 810000   1751000
 811000   1750000
A  5
 811000   1750000
 810000   1749000
 811000   1748000
 812000   1749000
 811000   1750000
-----------------------------
A 1751000.000000 811000.0000000          1
A 1749000.000000 811000.0000000          2
-----------------------------
# 2 categories

0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00
1:forest
2:water
----------------------------
V.SUPPORT:

Selected information from vector header
 Map Name:      guilf_level
 Source Date:
 Orig. Scale:   2400
 Snapping threshold    0.00
  No snapping will be done.
    Reading Vector file
    Building areas
    Building islands
    Attaching labels
 Number of lines:   2
 Number of nodes:   1
 Number of areas:   2
 Number of isles:   1
 Number of atts :   2
 Number of unattached atts :   0
 Snapped lines  :   0
Note that there are 2 areas detected and using d.what.vect, I can see
Category 1 forest or category 2 water.  Both polygons share 1 node.

Is this what you meant?

John