[GRASS5] direct read/write support from GRASS to spatial databases

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Mon Oct 31 12:20:53 EST 2005

Hi developers,

has there already been a discussion wether it is possible or wanted to add
direct read/write support from GRASS GIS to spatial databases (PostGIS,
Oracle Spatial, ...) via GDAL/OGR? I think of a solution alerady implemented
in QGIS for PostGIS.

This would be a task for GDAL/OGR, right?

To me this seems to be a very useful functionality, since the usage of
v.in/out.ogr or v.external is nice but does not really fit for everyday work.

  Otto