[GRASS5] Re: r.sun parameter descriptions

Jaro Hofierka hofierka at geomodel.sk
Tue Sep 13 05:23:15 EDT 2005

There was a discussion on this a couple of years ago between me, Markus
and Marcel Suri. The reason for this is that the SOLPOS algorithm is
already implemented in r.sunmask. So, implementing SOLPOS in r.sun would
eliminate a need for r.sunmask or unify solar algorithms used in both
modules. So far, I haven't done any tests and comparisons between
r.sunmask and r.sun regarding computed sun parameters. The differences
should be small, but it depends on application and accuracy
requirements. There are many approximation formulas that are all
correct. Maybe Markus can help on this too.

Jaro