[GRASS5] ogr-grass-driver

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Thu Sep 15 04:44:36 EDT 2005

Hello Radim,

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:34:37 +0200 Radim Blazek
<radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/15/05, Stephan Holl <holl at gdf-hannover.de> wrote:
> > Dear GRASS/GDAL-users,
> >
> > I created a gdal/ogr-plugin (as .deb) for the ogr-grass-driver which
> > loads perfect into ogr:
> > ogrinfo --formats
> > Loaded OGR Format Drivers:
> >   -> "GRASS" (readonly)
> >   -> "ESRI Shapefile" (read/write)
> >   [...]
> >   -> "Interlis 1" (read/write)
> >   -> "Interlis 2" (read/write)
> >   -> "PostgreSQL" (read/write)
> >
> > When I try to use ogrinfo on a GRASS-vectordataset (outside GRASS),
> > I have some variable-related warnings... Inside GRASS everything
> > works great.
> >
> > When building gdal/ogr not as a module, I did not discover this
> > problem.
> > Perhaps anybody can give me a hint how to solve this issue?
>
> OGRGRASSDataSource is using char *gisbase = GRASS_GISBASE;
> which is set in makefile:
> CPPFLAGS  := -DGRASS_GISBASE=\"$(GRASS_GISBASE)\"
>
> and that is probably missing in your makefile for the module.

Well, it is set in the makefile, but I do not know if it is used when
using debian dpkg-buildpackage. I had some trouble about overriding
variables by the debian packagebuild-system.

I will dig deeper.

Thank you

	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508