[GRASS5] [bug #2952] (grass) i.rectify and photo.rectify: merge bugfixes

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 07:57:31 EDT 2005

> What is the status of the original wish subject - merging bugfixes
> done for i.rectify and photo.rectify. Does this wish still aplly to
> 6.1?

Yes it does.

It would be good I think to use the GDAL warp API to do the hard work.
Much of it is the same code as GRASS uses with the difference that the
GDAL code is better maintained and more featureful (eg thin plate
splines). GRASS now depends on GDAL, so versioning issues aside this
should be possible.

http://www.gdal.org/warptut.html

Hamish