[GRASS5] [bug #4272] (grass) r.shaded.relief

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 20:42:18 EDT 2006

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4266
and
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4272

4266:
> Subject: r.shaded.relief help needs update
..
> GRASS Version: 6.1.cvs-2006.04.08
>
> reading the help of r.shaded.relief I noticed following things:
>
> - in "description" it states that the output map name will be
> <input-map>.shade, which is not true, since user can define output
> name by himself.

if no output name is given the map is called "<input-map>_shade",
otherwise it is given the name given. help page updated in CVS.

> - in "see also", there is a broken link: shade.clr.sh

This was (is) the RGB version of the module. It was never ported from
GRASS 5. Reference commented out in the help page.

4272:
> - from the GUI, you are allowed to select the output map name from the
> existing ones.

It was type "old", it should have been type "new". Fixed in CVS.

I also added some quoting so you don't have to worry about "-" and
"." in the input name anymore.

Once tested these fixes should go into the 6.0.x release branch.
(ie please test, I haven't)

Hamish