[GRASS5] Color code cleanup

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 07:21:48 EDT 2006

> I haven't updated the named_colr.c code because I don't have an easy
> way to test it. I haven't touched the postscript code, as it is quite
> dissimilar.

note
ps/ps.map/ps_colors.c
 and
lib/gis/named_colr.c

define the same struct. (that answers some questions for me)

G_color_values() and G_color_name() as defined in named_colr.c are used
by d.rast, r.colors(, and the SWIG interface?).

PostScript will use 0.00->1.00 instead of 0->255

> MAGENTA

is the default MASK color still shocking?

> I added some more D_ commands to make working with colors easier and
> eliminate the need for including colors.h and working with MAXCOLORS
> in display modules. I've updated a couple modules to use this
> simplified code.
> These modules also now have gisprompts for color.

Please post summaries of such changes to grass5 as it's hard to keep up
with, understand, and vet all changes in CVS. I'm going to try and
finish the symbol plotting function(s) in the next few days, no point in
doing things twice or "the old way".

thanks,
Hamish