[GRASS5] antialiased vector layers in gis.m

Cedric Shock cedricgrass at shockfamily.net
Sat Apr 22 15:48:27 EDT 2006

Hamish,

> Is it possible to use something like "pnmalias" in g.pnmcomp to
> anti-alias vector, text, and/or d.graph layers before/during the merge?

This can't be done here, as the incoming image is already aliased.
Antialiasing would have to go in the display drivers and it would need a way
to be controlled (turned on and off) on at least a per-module basis.

> can PS labels have transparency?

My understanding is that this is being done on the tk canvas. None of tk
supports transparency beyond completely transparent/opaque.

--Cedric