[GRASS5] gis.m as default GUI

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Apr 24 01:48:50 EDT 2006

IMHO, it is ready to be default if

1.v.digit is working again (it IS working on my Mac, but I don't know about
anyone else) and

2. a weird start up bug that just cropped up is fixed (the one I emailed
about last week on Cygwin). Again, I can't duplicate  it so I'm having a
hard time knowing if it's just a fluke, a real bug, a bug that is now fixed,
or what.

I don't know of any other problematic bugs (I'm using it all the time
now)--but I'm SURE that some will crop up if we make it default. ;-)

I also managed to do an upgrade on the GRASS intro screen. It's not exactly
what I had in mind, but it is heading in that direction and the best I can
do before I leave for San Juan and we hit the end of April feature freeze. I
redid the appearance, organization, and some of the explanatory text. I also
added a new button to create a location from a georeferenced raster or
vector file using g.proj. I'll commit it tomorrow morning.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213