[GRASS5] gis.m as default GUI

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Apr 24 13:43:07 EDT 2006

Rats.  I didn't realize.  I guess Mac users will be stuck with an X
Tcl/Tk for a while.  I suppose I could give it a try - run it in the
Aqua Tcl/Tk and see if it opens an X window for v.digit display.
Unless someone knows definitely that this won't work...

On Apr 24, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>>> IMHO, it is ready to be default if
>>>
>>> 1.v.digit is working again (it IS working on my Mac, but I don't
>>> know about
>>> anyone else) and
>>
>> In the users list you mentioned that v.digit and i.points still use
>> an X window display.  Are you working on the v.digit?  When will it
>> be non-X?
>
> AFAIK, no-one is actively working on a Tcl/Tk replacement for v.digit
> at the moment.
>
> The main issue is that we need some way to get vector maps out of and
> back into GRASS without loss of information, and with the external
> format containing the topology information (the last part is why
> v.out.ascii doesn't suffice).
>
> --

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy