[GRASS5] New GRASS intro

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 17:29:00 EDT 2006

On 4/25/06, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

> Everyone wants the command line interface to be maintained. However, there
> are features that can be implemented in an integrated GUI in ways that are
> not possible with a CLI.

I am always torn on this issue. On the one hand, if GRASS had a
friendly user interface, maybe it wouldn't be in the GIS ghetto it is
now (in USA anyway). On the other hand, the reason I use GRASS is
because it integrates with my Unix toolbox (sed, grep, cut, etc).

If there comes a day when a Bash script isn't a first-class interface
to GRASS. Well, that's the day I stop using GRASS.

David