[GRASS5] [bug #4331] (grass) delete if file exist - flag

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 25 22:34:15 EDT 2006

> to which command do you refer? I looked into the man pages and found
> no -o  flag there and tried it inside GRASS with
> r.resample/r.rescale/r.rescale but  received everytime the "-o is not
> a valid flag".
>
> stop wait; I tried it with --o (two dashes) and it works.
> Why two dashes and not one as every other flag?

Because it's not a module flag, it's a parser flag (like --help). It's a
system wide setting and some modules already use a "-o" flag.

> Shall I (or somebody else) add "--o" to all r.* html pages?

No, documenting it needs a general solution, not just raster modules.
See Markus's post.
Doing something like "add to all r.* html pages" should be automated,
not done by hand. Makes it 1000% easier to maintain that way.

Also, there is the GIS variable "OVERWRITE"  (g.gisenv)
http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass61/manuals/html61_user/variables.html

[all modules]
  toggles map overwrite.
    With 0 maps are protected (default),
    With 1 maps with identical names will be overwritten.
  You can force a protected overwrite by adding "--o" to the command.
e.g.:
 g.gisenv set="OVERWRITE=0"

So "--o" is documented somewhere, it is just a bit hidden.

Hamish