[GRASS5] [bug #4342] (grass) pq.dll

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 06:34:50 EDT 2006

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4342
>
> Subject: pq.dll
>
> Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
..
> grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
> GRASS Version: 6.0.0
>
> Can't find pq.dll. Same problem as many running GRASS with Cygwin, it
> cannot find pq.dll because my cygwin version came with the newer
> version of postgreSQL which no longer use pq.dll... How can I fix
> that?

Make sure the correct PostgreSQL cygwin package is installed.

FAQ:

http://geni.ath.cx/wiki_grass.html

"I get the following error message: Unable to Locate Component. This
application has failed to start because pq.dll was not found.

pq.dll has recently been renamed to cygpq.dll, so you may want to find
and copy pq.dll to cygpq.dll. Recent versions of Cygwin/GRASS package
has been built with the latest PostgreSQL library and you should have no
problem with this."

Hamish