[GRASS5] gis.m as default GUI

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Apr 26 08:26:54 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> It seems to me that nviz doesn't really need x11, but this is an opinion
> that is pretty ignorant of how it works internally (I've looked at the TclTk
> part but don't understand how it interacts with the C part or X11 part).

The version of the Togl widget in the GRASS source tree only has X11
and Windows implementations. Version 1.7 of Togl supports OSX; someone
may wish to try merging that.

The image-dump code in do_zoom.c also uses X11-specific functions, but
that could be disabled without affecting the rest of NVIZ.

The OGSF library responsible for the actual rendering doesn't use any
platform-specific functions.