[GRASS5] Project Steering Committee voting

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Apr 26 12:05:17 EDT 2006

Frank, Markus,

if people on this list do not follow osgeo activities, it hard to
understand from emails that Markus posted
what is needed for GRASS project incubation, setting up PSC, etc. So I
am not surprised at all by Glynn's questions,
I had similar ones. So Markus, if you could let us know what needs to be
done - step 1.2.3,
maybe we will get it moving. We have nominations for the PSC but nobody
said what is next step - who votes
to set it up etc.
Frank, thank you for your explanation - this helps a lot - now we need
to know what is the next step after nominations.
And BTW, as I have already expressed to Markus, we should really keep
the management structures and procedures
to minimum (there already was a GRASS steering committee, GRASS
interagency committe, GRASS foundation
and soon everybody is sitting in meetings and nobody has time for
development and you also lose the freespirit
of open source development), so I am with Glynn on this, but
a minimal steering committee is really needed for reasons well explained
by Frank,

Helena

--
Helena Mitasova
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences

email: hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
ph: 919-513-1327 (no voicemail)
fax 919 515-7802