zooming out in gis.m [was Re: [GRASS5] New GRASS intro]

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed Apr 26 14:45:24 EDT 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 15:03:50 -0300
"Patton, Eric" <epatton at nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, you can do single clicks to zoom out with
> gis.m...I was doing this today with the zoom out tool.

True. Haven't checked for quite some time. Last time I used gis.m
setting the window was needed to zoom out I think. Anyway, now single
click works, great!

Talking of gis.m display in general, it is much slower than X11 Grass
display. Especially for vectors, when compared. Could that be easily
improved? Data browsing by panning around and series of zoom in/out are
too slow, for me. gis.m has plenty of great features but I'll rather
still stick to X11 displays for it's more effective. Especially now
that the "100% CPU at mouse bug" is fixed :).

Maciek