[Fwd: Re: [GRASS5] Proposal: RFC 1: Project Steering Committee Guidelines]

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 28 10:56:19 EDT 2006

Brad Douglas wrote:
> Also, I object to the use of +/-0.  How is that supposed to be
> quantified?  What are the implications when it comes to tie breaking?

Brad,

+0 indicates mild support but not to the degree of being willing to help
implement the feature or take any responsibility.

-0 indicates mild disagreement, but not sufficient to try and stop (veto)
the proposal.  A -0 also does not require significant justification.  It
can be just a statement if mild unease with the idea.

Neither has any effect on tie breaking.  I would stress that the "lazy
consensus" model of Apache, MapServer and GDAL is not about "close votes"
it is about reaching consensus with veto overrides only being a last
resort.

Best regards,