[GRASS-dev] r.in.gdal and .ecw files on OS X

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Aug 1 13:57:55 EDT 2006

William,

I just finished compiling gdal with the ecw stuff. Is this the error
you get when trying read an .ecw file:

GRASS 6.1.cvs (cecr_utm):~ >  r.in.gdal -oe input=~/Desktop/
farmservcolororthophoto2003/q0625k/q3334/img_fsa01aim4.ecw
output=fsa01aim4
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _FSFindFolder
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libNCSUtil.0.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _FSFindFolder
   Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libNCSUtil.0.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

ERROR 1: File is invalid or corrupt
GRASS 6.1.cvs (cecr_utm):~ >

Just wanted to run this by you to if I was hung up in the same place.
Although I do get the ecw coming up as a readable file option with
the -f option now:

ECW (rw): ERMapper Compressed Wavelets

thanks,

Kirk