[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 branch status

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Aug 1 17:10:05 EDT 2006

Ma-ris Nartišs napisa?(a):
> Could we have some bugday? Or bugweek? It's when no new feature development
> occurs and all are trying to close as much bugs as possible. There could be
> work for all users - trying to reproduce bugs, giving aditional info, testing
> paches etc.

We should try that! I can help with testing. Until Sept 4 any days
besides August 4-6, 11-13 and Aug 18-24 are OK with me.

Hamish has been doing a great job sanitizing code, we shouldn't miss
him. AFAIK he should be back for good about Aug 23. Are you reading this
by any chance Hamish?

Brad, what is your schedule?

Who else wants to take a part?

As soon as the schedule is settled I'd like to spread the news on
mailing lists to ask all Grass bug reporters to take a look into their
old BT tickets and update the information there if possible. I think we
should give folks at least about 5 working days for this before the bug
fiesta begins (it's summer time so we might not reach many people but
anyway we should try to have as good background as possible).

> Some older bugs IMHO could be closed as WONTFIX i.e. GUI related bugs for 5.x
> series.

Just ignore anything that is not assigned to area 'grass6'. There was a
reasonable effort to assign 'grass6' to all bugs still relevant. Use the
interface in the bottom of
https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?logout=guest&q_queue=grass to filter the
list.

I wouldn't go closing old bug, grass5.4, wish etc. entries just to get
rid of them not fixing them. Let's keep them open for knowledge about
the old versions, they do no harm.

Many grass6 bugs miss feedback from reporters and enough information to
be able to reproduce them. OTW their status is uncertain, though I don't
think it makes sense to close them only for that. So maybe I'll go and
assign Current priority '0' to such tickets first, so we can easily
ignore them but still have them open just in case?

Cheers,
Maciek

P.S
Please CC me doing any change in the BT. I don't want to miss anything.
I asked Bernhard and there is no way to automate this with our current
BT, so a manual CC is necessary for me to stay updated.