[GRASS-dev] v.digit startup error from -n position

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Aug 2 13:38:55 EDT 2006

OK. Looking through to the very bottom of the thread, there appears to be
some confusion about what is meant by GUI.

If v.digit is having a problem with a new vector when run from the toolbar
button in gism, it  is one thing. This SHOULD be OK. I've checked the code
and it is written...

  v.digit -n map=new_map

... as Glynn indicated. If this is where the problem lies, then, there is
some other kind of issue.

Glynn also noted, however, that in the auto-generated GUI dialogs, this is
being written as...

  v.digit map=new_map -n

This causes a problem because the -n is misinterpreted by TclTk as a flag in
the TclTk command. So if the problem arises when v.digit is run from a menu
or the dialog is started from the CLI by simply typing v.digit, then THIS is
where the problem lies.

Generically, the GRASS flags should come before any other arguments it
seems. I don't know where this is coded, but Cedric should know.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671