[GRASS-dev] d.vect.thematic fails if db.connect and v.db.connect are different

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Aug 3 05:30:41 EDT 2006

Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but when I have a location
for which I have set a database connection with db.connect, and then set
a different database connection for one vector map with v.db.connect,
d.vect.thematic looks for the vector map attributes in the database
defined by db.connect:

GRASS 6.1.0RC1 (spearfish60):~ > db.connect -p
driver:pg
database:belgique
schema:(null)
group:(null)

GRASS 6.1.0RC1 (spearfish60):~ > v.db.connect -p fields
Vector map <fields> is connected by:
layer <1> table <fields> in database
</home/mlennert/GRASS/DATA/spearfish60/PERMANENT/dbf/> through driver
<dbf> with key <cat>

DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot connect to Postgres: FATAL:  la base de données
«/home/mlennert/GRASS/DATA/spearfish60/PERMANENT/dbf/» n'existe pas
(meaning the database does not exist)

Moritz