[GRASS-dev] Re: WxPython prototype GRASS GUI. Version 2

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 04:17:14 EDT 2006

Very cool.

I just knew once people took a look at Python they would get it. Sorry I
haven't been very active on this this summer. I got my PhD a couple of
months ago and took a new job with the USGS. So I've been taking it easy
this summer and playing with my daughter.

I've been teaching the GIS techs here how to use the Python interface for
that other GIS (mumbles under breath) and I've been developing a new Python
tool for working with our Sonar system. I really like the way ArcToolbox
works conceptually (it still has bugs that drive me nuts, but...). I think
that we should implement something similar in GRASS. It keeps the linkage
between the GUI and the CLI strong without looking old fashioned and is very
easy to extend in Python, C or whatever.

I'll take a look at what you did tomorrow. Thanks for all the hard work on
this.

Cheers,

David