[GRASS-dev] [Fwd: Grass cvs-6.1 very slow on imac intel]

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 7 11:46:40 EDT 2006

Moritz,

Running GRASS 6.1 CVS on a Dual 1.8 GHz G4 PowerPC (2.1 GB RAM) at home
I have no problems such as those described. The redraw speeds are a
little slower than on the Dual 2.4 GHz Intel/Linux machines at work. I
have not quantified the speeds, however.

I have noticed, however, that with the writing of the history
information, redraw is noticeably slower with 6.1 than with 6.0.x with
the new GIS manager (gis.m)

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Tom