[GRASS-dev] Re: New installation for wxPython GUI

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Aug 9 06:14:12 EDT 2006

Yann Chemin wrote:
> Works nicely on my system!
>
> About "Zoom in" behaviour, i can replicate the reason why it displays
> a blank screen.
>
> 1-type d.rast elevation.dem
> 2-click in any point of the elevation map
> 3-becomes blank screen

Same here

> Now, here is the catch, if instead you try;
> 1-type d.rast elevation.dem
> 2-POINT and DRAG to create a (invisible on my computer) box in any
> AREA of the elevation map
> 3-map zooms in properly

Same here. But the box is only invisible in zoom in, and only as long as
I have not used zoom out. In zoom out mode, I see the box.

However, I actually see many boxes within each other which is not very
beautiful (see http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/gmwxp_zoomin1.png).
Probably just a question of erasing the previous box before redrawing
the newly sized one.

Another problem with zooming in: the displayed area does not always
correspond to the rectangle. Compare
http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/gmwxp_zoomin1.png to
http://moritz.homelinux.org/grass/gmwxp_zoomin2.png
which is the state after the zooming defined in zoomin1.png.

Mouse wheel zooming works perfectly !

Moritz