[GRASS-dev] GRASS PSC: Nomination Period RE-OPENED

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 10 12:03:56 EDT 2006

Hey Folks,

Well I figured the silence was an indication that all of those who
wanted to contribute ideas to the process has spoken.  Nothing realy has
changed. People thought it would be a good idea to have one or two
others CC'ed on nomintions for a more open process. However, no one
stepped forward to volunteer (that I know of). If I missed you or you
changed your mind to be CC'ed let me know by Friday and I'll try to
automate a CC to you.  So here is the nomination process

1. Check the current list to see if your potential nominee is on it. The
list is:

Dylan Beaudette
Michael Barton
Maciej Sieczka
Helena Mitasova
Markus Neteler
Scott Mitchell
Dylan Beaudette
Massimiliano Cannata

2. 	A. If they are on the list. Do nothing for 2 weeks (drink beer)
	B. If they are not on the list then proceed to step 3.

3. Contact the persOn you want to nominate and get their blessing to
pass along their name. Nominees that have not agreed to being nominated
will not make it to the vote.

4. Compose an email to  dsampson at nrc.gc.ca	(Of course replace at
with @ and remove spaces if you have not seen this format before)

5. Make sure the Subject is "PSC POLE" or else I might miss it

6. make sure the e-mail contains an atachment or reply from your nominee
saying something to the affect that they agree to their nomination

7. Send the email. DO NOT SEND TO LIST, SEND TO PERSONAL E-MAIL

8. Wait two weeks.

I will compile the results upon my arival from vacation.  We're almost
there. Have fun

I'll be thinking of nothing while on the beach in PEI. (SMIRK)

Cheers