[GRASS-dev] New installation for wxPython GUI

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Thu Aug 10 17:30:47 EDT 2006

hi
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 01:42:39PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> Finally, I changed the zoom factor for wheel zooming
> to make it a bit smoother. I can make it even smoother yet (and slower, of
> course) if you think that is better.

I was thinking about, to do the mouse wheel zoom like follows:

 the mouseActions would observe, when it was last times zoomed, and if
 the time period would be smaller, than some interval, than d.rast/vect
 would *not* be called, only the pixmap would be resized.

 if the time period would be "big enough", than new pixmap would be
    rendered

currently everytime you change zoom scale, new map is renderd, which
does need to be fast enough, if you are zooming over big scales.

what do you thing about it?

jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky