[GRASS-dev] Re: Branching

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Aug 10 17:46:37 EDT 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:

> could people live with the existence of a 6.1.x branch (maintained
> for critical fixes) and a new 6.2.x branch (maintained for the
> next stable release)? Everything is ready for 6.1.0. Michael and
> others are waiting for the 6.2.x branch to be created to move the
> Python interface into CVS HEAD.

I can live with as many branches as you wish to create.

I don't intend to check out or commit to anything other than the head,
so the presence of additional branches doesn't directly affect me.

The only thing which does affect me is if there is some kind of freeze
or restriction on committing to head (apparently there is, so far as
adding the wxPython code is concerned; I wasn't aware of this).