[GRASS-dev] New installation for wxPython GUI

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Aug 11 12:03:26 EDT 2006

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> hi
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 05:36:56PM +0200, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>> A completely different question: Michael, are you planning on continuing
>> with the raster drawing system via the ppm files, or should the wxpython
>>  manager actually display vector drawings when displaying vector maps ?
>>
>> Moritz
>
> how would you do it?

wx has wxPen (http://wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.3/wx_wxpen.html#wxpen),
wxBrush (http://wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.6.3/wx_wxbrush.html#wxbrush),
etc, which allow drawing vector graphics. If I understand correctly,
this would make it easier to create vector map printing (i.e. real
vector postscript).

BTW, for those who want to have a look at the Thuban code for rendering,
see here:

https://wald.intevation.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/thuban/Thuban/UI/?root=thuban

But maybe Jan-Oliver or Bernard can explain the Thuban rendering system
in a few words ?

Moritz