[GRASS-dev] Wxpython gui update

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Aug 14 04:21:38 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:
> I just put up new files (mapdisc.py, gism.py, and render.py) on my website.
>
> I rewrote the display as a double buffered dc drawing. I *HOPE* this
> solves the display issues with Linux. Thuban seems to use a somewhat
> more primitive version of this, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
> Please let me know. If it works, I’ll package it all up for the last
> time and note it on the WIKI. Then I hope to move it to the cvs so all
> you can work on it.

Now it works beautifully. No more problems with images getting erased by
passing another window over them.

Just two issues:

- I still had the problem with dragging not releasing the mouse. Adding
a simple self.dragimg.EndDrag() at the end of DragMap(self, moveto)
solves this for me (line 156 of mapdisp.py).

- The map display starts out with a black background. Nothing bad about
it, as once you display a map the background becomes white, but just a
bit unexpected. I imagine this comes from line 285 in mapdisp.py:

dc.SetBackground(wx.Brush(self.GetBackgroundColour()))

I don't really know where it gets the background color from at
initialisation, but maybe it should be explicitely set to white ?

Moritz