[GRASS-dev] gis.m: 2 region handling bugs

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Aug 18 14:27:20 EDT 2006

Michael,

In the course of
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grassuser/2006-August/035804.html we had
to switch offlist to Polish with Jarek to sort out details. Do you speak
Polish, by any chance ;)?

As a result I found following 2 bugs. Jarek has somewhat similar another
problem, but I can't reproduce it. It seems related to my BUG #1 though.

Below you'll find a detailed, reproducable description of the 2 bugs I
found. Based on spearfish60. Both refer to CONSTRAIN display mode.

Using Grass 6.3 CVS, today, Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper, stock tcl/tk 8.4.12.

BUG #1. Region set in gis.m is reset after refreshing the Map Display
(display/zoom/pan).

grass63 -text
spearfish60
g.region rast=slope -a
gis.m
add 'slope' raster, display it

#1 gis.m:
g.region -g
n=4928040
s=4913640
w=589950
e=609030
nsres=30
ewres=30
rows=480
cols=636

#2 gis.m:
g.region -ag res=10
n=4928040
s=4913640
w=589950
e=609030
nsres=10
ewres=10
rows=1440
cols=1908

#3 gis.m:
press "Display active layers"

#4 gis.m:
g.region -g
n=4928040
s=4913640
w=589950
e=609030
nsres=30
ewres=30
rows=480
cols=636

WRONG. REGION EXTENT SHOULD BE AS SET IN STEP #2.

BUG #2. When there are no layers to display in the gis.m, the "Zoom to
current region (set with g.region)" doesn't work.

#0 grass63 -text, any location

#1 terminal:
gis.m

#2 gis.m:
g.region -g
n=4928040
s=4913640
w=589950
e=609030
nsres=30
ewres=30
rows=480
cols=636

#3 terminal:
g.region res=10 -ag
n=4928040
s=4913640
w=589950
e=609030
nsres=10
ewres=10
rows=1440
cols=1908

#4 gis.m
Zoom to... -> Zoom to current region (set with g.region)

#5 gis.m:
g.region -g
n=4928040
s=4913640
w=589950
e=609030
nsres=30
ewres=30
rows=480
cols=636

WRONG. REGION SHOULD BE AS SET IN STEP #3.

Maciek