[GRASS-dev] Error compiling 6.3 PPC iMac G5

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Aug 18 17:37:55 EDT 2006

On Aug 18, 2006, at 4:01 PM, Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:

> William,
> $(VECTLIB) did it in simwe, but make stills fails at lidar and nviz.

I got the lidar errors also, but I haven't pursued that yet, so I
don't know what to say.  If you don't need the lidar modules, you can
ignore the errors and lidar just won't get installed.

> __________
> At nviz
> ____________

The options for configuring OpenGL use (for NVIZ) changed recently.
By default it uses an X11 build (like it has always done in the
past), so you would have to make sure you have an X11 build of Tcl/
Tk, which is not standard on OS X.  The explicit option is --with-
opengl=x11.  For an Aqua OpenGL, you use --with-opengl=aqua, and you
must have installed an Aqua Tcl/Tk, like the one from Active State.
BUT, NVIZ does not yet work in Aqua - crash on Intel and twitchy file
browser dialog on PPC.

It will not work with Apple's Tcl/Tk because important private
headers are missing - the ones from your errors.

Make sure you have an X11 Tcl/Tk installed and use that opengl
option.  You must build an X11 TclTk yourself.  Also, explicitly set
the tcltk dirs, --with-tcltk-includes and --with-tcltk-libs just to
make sure you don't accidentally get Apple's TclTk.  From your
errors, it appears it is trying to use Apple's TclTk.

Even with that, I still had a small linking problem, for some reason
my tcltk build didn't install the libtcl.dylib and libtk.dylib
symlinks, so the link options -ltcl and -ltk found Apple's instead.
After adding the symlinks, GRASS linked correctly.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin