[GRASS-dev] SQLite as default DB in GRASS 6.3+

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Wed Aug 23 18:07:26 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 01:19 +1200, Hamish wrote:
> shall we now go ahead and make SQLite the default DB for GRASS 6.3+?

Hamish,

I do have some concern over SQLite's performance under large data sets.
SQLite was not designed for data mining, but as a lightweight DBMS and
middleware for others, IIRC.

However, SQLite is quite easy to use.  I don't see a big problem making
it the default since it's simple switch to another.  Anyone else?

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785